7 ½ Questions to Ask Your Builder
1. IS YOUR COMPANY LICENSED, & ARE YOU THE RESPONSIBLE LICENSEE FOR THE COMPANY?
Yes, we are. Freedom Constructions is a fully licensed building company and Brodie Price is the working director, an accredited builder, and the nominee licensee for the company.
2. WHAT INSURANCES DOES YOUR COMPANY HOLD THAT RELATES TO MY PROJECT?
There are a number of different insurances that your builder should have, and we have all three.
- QBCC insurance is a legal requirement on residential building work over $3,300.
- Public liability insurance which as a general overview covers loss or damage caused during construction.
- Construction works insurance which generally covers loss or damage caused after the works are handed over.
3. DO YOU GIVE A FIXED QUOTE OR AN ESTIMATE?
We will give you an accurate fixed price quote, so you know exactly what you are getting and there are no hidden “nasty” surprises.
Due to our extensive experience in the building industry we can give accurate fixed price quotes to our clients. For anything where unknown factors are involved, we use a realistic Prime Cost or Provisional Sum.
Beware of builders that provide low Prime Costs or Provisional Sums to make their pricing look more attractive. At Freedom Constructions, we allow for reasonably practical Prime Costs and Provisional Sums, not the cheapest possible.
4. DOES YOUR WORK COME WITH ANY WARRANTY?
Yes, it does. Freedom Constructions offers a QBCC backed 6.5 year warranty on structural works AND a 12 month warranty on any cosmetic defects, which is also backed by the QBCC.
5. ARE THERE ANY CURRENT OR PAST BUILDING DISPUTES UNDERWAY WITH THE QBCC (QLD BUILDING & CONSTRUCTION COMMISSION)?
No, we are proud to say we have no past or current disputes lodged with the QBCC.
To check a builder’s licence, google search “QBCC Licence Search” and type in the licence number. Our licence number is 15007641.
6. WHO WILL BE MY POINT OF CONTACT DURING THE BUILDING PROCESS?
The managing director, Brodie Price, will be your primary contact during the initial planning and quoting phase. Once plans are finalised and quotes approved, our experienced site supervisor, Frank, will become the main coordinator and contact to see your project stays on track until completion. We encourage open communication throughout the whole project to keep you informed and updated.
7. DO YOU HAVE ANY REFERENCES OR TESTIMONIALS, OR CAN I SEE ANY OF YOUR RECENTLY COMPLETED PROJECTS?
Yes, we do. We have received many glowing testimonials from our happy clients. You can check these out on the home page of our website. We can also provide you with details and images of previously completed projects. We are also happy to provide you with some references who you can speak to.
7½. WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE FREEDOM CONSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR PROJECT?
Cairns has the trifecta of salt, heat, and humidity. These are some of the harshest conditions for buildings to withstand. Quality construction materials and methods are paramount to ensure the maximum lifespan of your building project is achieved.
We believe that we deliver a superior building service with excellent communication from start to finish, complete with the local knowledge and construction knowhow to ensure that our clients receive the best value for money for the life of their investment.